Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beautiful Things


The true beauty I’ve come to know in brokenness comes from beyond me.

When the experience of pain shifts from the slight enjoyment of feeling “almost dead” and therefore more “alive”, to a plea for non-existence. 
Honesty.

When the deepest words fall light and easy, their weight evaporating before reaching my listener’s ears.
Simplicity.

By the same tired breath, walls come crashing around heavy arms and I realize that I’ve been the one holding them up around me. 
Effortless.

I thought I was safe inside my own prison of hopelessness and despair. 
Bondage.

The uncertainty of walking in freedom is no longer enough to keep me bound. 
Escape.

The lie that there would be hope for my heart within these walls has been utterly and painfully disproven.
Surviving on faith.

A promise made between a little girl and her savior has been kept. 
Believe.

I’ve been called “gorgeous”, but would much prefer dust… 
Identity.

And tonight I can’t help but feel that beautiful things are right around the corner. 

Miracle.

Psalm 103:14

No comments:

Post a Comment