Wednesday, November 2, 2011

la flamme en ma coeur



I keep looking in this dark room for you. I stand in the doorway and lean in with both hands on the frame. I'm not there to save you. I must have just walked out a moment too soon because half a beat ago our hearts were home. With permission granted and the beauty of utmost simplicity we breathed to life the last words of what we already knew to be.

There was a slight pause, that moment when life just turns on its axis and you are about to begin moving in another direction... and for the most beautiful four seconds of my life, my feet rested beneath me.

Now you're gone and my own hand never felt so empty; almost foreign.

I can't seem to help that while I dream I peer into the darkness looking for you. A reflection of light off your eyes, a sound. I call and hear my own voice echo back, "it was just a dream."

There has to be a reset button for times like these. Everyones heart malfunctions every once in a while... right? That's when I think how fortunate I am to have a brain that pulls me into lightning and a heart that calls out for the love that was never there.

I wonder if I will always feel lost for you. I know its pathetic but if love were truly divine would it depend on such games of appeal?

You said that I made your heart glow in the dark.

I feel extinguished, and still smile when I think of you off somewhere being brilliant.



No comments:

Post a Comment