Monday, October 10, 2011

Storm.

Abba,

I'm tired of sour words. Tired of arguing against the distractions I've allowed my heart to fall into, tired of the vanity and pointlessness of being heartbroken. Tired of looking for truth, even hoping for it, from places you warned that only destruction would come from. This is exhausting. It is insatiable, worst of all... It isn't YOU. I miss who I was with YOU. I miss waking up thinking of nothing other than how it FEELS to know my father in heaven loves me. You are still sovereign, you are STILL so UNBELIEVABLY INCREDIBLE. I know these things with my mind but my heart is so stuck. I am so hopeless without you. I feel like Elijah must have when he begged you to end his life, that he was no better than his ancestors. You are so awesome and these struggles are so pointless when I try to hold them up to you. I remember thinking how petty it would be to whine over a broken heart when there is such destruction in the world to break for. This doesn't compare. Please put my focus back to you. Please save me from myself. Please show me how to walk out of darkness and never look back...

I would walk on water.
You will catch me when I fall.
I would get lost into your eyes,
Everything would be alright.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting into words the cry of my heart right now (almost 2yrs after you posted this). I found your blog "randomly" today and really appreciate your bold heart for the Savior. Serioulsy what I needed to read :)

    ReplyDelete